Filming In Brooklyn

What’s filming in your neighborhood?

Filming In Brooklyn header image 2
24h-payday

Entourage Road Trip To The Magical Land Of Queens

August 26th, 2008 · 13 Comments

Yes, it’s true, I do occasionally leave Brooklyn. There are very few shows that I would take a road trip for, but Entourage is definitely on the list.

I have to say, Queens could use a few less one-way streets and a few more signs. And it always freaks me out when google maps tells me to turn down a street that doesn’t exist.

I wandered around for so long without finding the set, I almost went home. I found a few streets that were blocked off with cones and “no parking” signs, and I was beginning to think that perhaps the shoot was going to be later in the day.

I even found the entire Entourage gang, but alas it was just a poster.

But then I saw a sign for holding and figured that they wouldn’t have put that sign up before the trucks got there, so I kept looking. Finally, I stumbled upon the set somehow. A scene was being shot in the middle of the block, and the P.A.s weren’t letting anyone down the street who didn’t live there. While a gang of fans and a few paparazzi waited at the corner, I managed to get halfway down the block, a couple of houses away from where they were filming. I hunkered down out of the shot and tried not to be obvious. All of the P.A.s were guarding the corners, and I was left alone to watch the scene being shot.

The scene started with Vincent (Adrian Grenier) storming out of a house and Eric (Kevin Connolly) following behind. The rest of the scene happened on my side of the street, so I couldn’t see it – if I had stuck my head out during filming I would have been kicked out for sure.

I managed to get a video of the beginning of the scene, but you can’t see much, and you can’t really hear anything. There was a little kid at the door in a house across the street from me, and he kept yelling until a crew member went over to the door and talked to him and calmed him down.

Somehow my POS camera makes it look like they’re really far away, but right after “Action!” that’s Adrian in the black shirt crossing from right to left, and then Eric following.

{vidavee id=”13541″ w=”320″ }

When they broke for lunch, I got a chance to get out of my hiding place and get some better pictures before Adrian and Kevin got to the end of the street and the waiting crowd.

But then Adrian remembered that first, he had to give back his mic.

Meanwhile, Kevin had what looked like a non-hostile, non-confrontational moment with a paparazzo.

After losing the mic, Adrian made his way to the corner (I don’t know who the other man is).

He seemed extremely patient and gracious about posing for pictures and signing autographs.

And then he was off for lunch.

I was off as well, rushing to get to the Gossip Girl shoot in Boerum Hill before I had to be home. But thanks to my complete lack of any sense of direction and the very convoluted way that the streets were laid out in that area, I got totally lost and didn’t have time. That’s OK though, Gossip Girl is shooting in Brooklyn practically every week. An Entourage shoot is a rare occurrence indeed.

Originally posted on Filming In Brooklyn

Like this post? Please help me out by promoting it!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • Kirtsy
  • TwitThis

Tags: Queens · TV Series

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tracy // Aug 26, 2008 at 8:32 am

Great job Amy. I had to laugh @ the image of you hunkered down, trying to get pics w/out being in the way.
    As for getting lost, Nathan will say see what happens when you leave Brooklyn???

• 2 Amy // Aug 26, 2008 at 10:28 am

I did feel rather silly. Especially since the paparazzi, with their giant lenses, were probably getting better shots from the end of the street anyway.

• 3 Amybeth // Aug 26, 2008 at 3:30 pm

What’s funny is that I am directionally challenged and have gotten the hang of driving in Queens… but I get lost 4 out of 5 times in Bklyn! (Usually coming from your house!)

Once you know that each numbered street has an Avenue, Street, Road and sometimes Drive, you’re all good.

Maybe we should tutor each other.

• 4 entfan // Aug 26, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for a truly behind the scenes story, video and pic scoop. I’m so glad the boys finally made it back to NY. It truly is a homecoming for Adrian Grenier and Kevin Connolly, since they are from Brooklyn and Patchogue respectively. 1 1/2 more weeks until Entourage returns! Yes! Again, wonderful scoop! Great job!

• 5 Amy // Aug 26, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I can’t wait, I really do love that show.

• 6 melissa6876 // Aug 27, 2008 at 4:11 pm

I can’t believe that you would waste you whole day in a bush for this show???!!!! You should have went to Gossip Girl instead.

• 7 kevin // Aug 27, 2008 at 7:00 pm

in the last pic u can see me and my boys hanging out in the backround.. we met all of them drama was def the coolest but all of them were nice guys

• 8 John // Aug 28, 2008 at 11:16 am

I saw Johnny drama having lunch at Schiller’s on LES last Wed…

• 9 Selfish Mom » Dragging out the first day of school // Sep 4, 2008 at 12:51 am

[...] I’ve hired babysitters a couple of times when there were shoots that I just had to go to, like for Entourage. But for the most part, Filming In Brooklyn had to rely on other website’s pictures for a few [...]

• 10 Episode 3 “The All Out Fall Out” Review « Entourage F*cking Fan Club // Sep 22, 2008 at 7:13 am

[...] building between E and Vince. Could this be the tension that drives them back to their roots in Queens. And maybe a get together with Dom? [...]

• 11 Selfish Mom » Randomosity // Dec 22, 2008 at 9:01 am

[...] incredibly fun to watch.  But he has a reputation as an asshole.  I’ve gotten emails (for my other blog) from people who claim to have worked with him or been on a set around him saying that he’s a [...]

• 12 How to meet actors on the set | Filming In Brooklyn // Nov 10, 2009 at 2:58 am

[...] to blend into the background as much as possible.  I was once able to watch the guys from Entourage film several scenes from very close by keeping still and quiet for an hour, while everyone else was held a block [...]

• 13 Michelle Harris // Dec 29, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I wonder how often those who live in the area get hostile with the crew because of the inconvenience.