Filming In Brooklyn

What’s filming in your neighborhood?

Filming In Brooklyn header image 2
24h-payday

Bored To Death In Fort Greene

October 21st, 2008 · 23 Comments

A new series starring Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore, Marie Antoinette) was filming in Fort Greene today, near the corner of Carlton and DeKalb Avenues.  Bored to Death, which also stars Ted Danson, is due to air on HBO in 2009.

They were still about half an hour away from filming when I arrived this morning.

In the series, Jason Schwartzman plays a Brooklyn writer reeling from a break-up who decides to become a private investigator and live out his Raymond Chandler-esque fantasies. Mr. Schwartzman was filming a scene this morning outside of Smooch on Carlton, which had been made over as “La Galarza Velazquez”.

The set was dressed with more than a dozen strollers, and soon the extras and children showed up on the set.

Even on a beautiful fall day on a sunny, tree-lined street, the sun shining through leaves had to be manufactured.

Mr. Schwartzman arrived on the set, and hung out while the final preparations were being made to start filming (in the first picture, he’s chatting with director Alan Taylor). UPDATE: In the second picture, to Jason Schwartzman’s left is Zach Galifianakis, who has a long conversation with Jason in the scene about to be shot; thanks to Klaus for the info!  ANOTHER UPDATE: And in that same picture, on Schwartzman’s right, is series writer and producer Jonathan Ames.  Thanks, Jenny!

Director Alan Taylor (in the doorway, on the left) checked out Smooch to make sure everything was all set.

He had a final conversation with Jason Schwartzman and then shooting got underway.

Originally posted on Filming In Brooklyn

Like this post? Please help me out by promoting it!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • Kirtsy
  • TwitThis

Tags: Fort Greene · TV Series

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 klaus // Oct 21, 2008 at 7:20 pm

to schwartzman’s left in the fourth photo from the bottom is zach galifianiakis (he was on the comedians of comedy tour with patton oswalt and gets lots of bit parts in movies and tv). I saw him on my bike ride home. cool!

• 2 Amy // Oct 21, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Thanks for the info Klaus, I just updated the post!

• 3 jenny // Oct 22, 2008 at 9:59 am

not to mention writer Jonathan Ames on his right.

• 4 Amy // Oct 22, 2008 at 10:06 am

Thanks, Jenny! See, this is why you guys should be taking the pictures and sending them in!

• 5 Henry // Oct 22, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Too funny! Alan Taylor was my neighbor when I was growing up in SoHo. He’s come a long way, I see…

• 6 Alan // Dec 3, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Is that Henry as in Hank? Can’t think of any other Henry it could be. I’m still at the same old building in Soho, but hoping to move to Fort Greene, which I fell in love with while shooting this scene!

• 7 Resident // Mar 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Parking sucked! The city should`ve suspend the street cleaning during that kind of activity coz DAMN…

• 8 Amy // Mar 30, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Resident – I agree with you 100%. It’s one of those things that would go a long way towards helping residents not hate filming productions!

• 9 liz // Apr 30, 2009 at 9:11 pm

how do you become an extra?

• 10 Amy // May 1, 2009 at 9:22 am

Hi liz, in general, the TV shows and movies use an agency to get their extras, who do this for a living (I did it for three years). Sometimes a show or movie will do a public call for extras, but it’s usually more of a publicity stunt than an actual need.

• 11 MARKSTREETS // Jun 2, 2011 at 1:16 am

YOU WASNT IN FORT GREENE,NEXT TIME YOU WANNA SHOT CALL ME.LAST FILM BROOKLYN BOUND. CONTACT 3475288642!

• 12 Peter // Sep 27, 2013 at 11:30 pm

I think that everything published was actually very logical.
    However, think on this, what if you added a little information?
    I ain’t saying your information is not solid, but what if you added a title that grabbed folk’s attention?
    I mean Bored To Death In Fort Greene is kinda boring.
    You ought to look at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they
    create post headlines to grab people to click.
    You might add a related video or a picture or two to grab readers interested about
    everything’ve written. In my opinion, it might make your posts a little livelier.

• 13 disney mobile games // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:55 am

Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other
    websites? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love
    to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would appreciate your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

• 14 telecharger adwcleaner // Apr 20, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

Feel free to visit my web site telecharger adwcleaner

• 15 campus life cheats // May 5, 2014 at 2:36 pm

If you want to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this site and
    be updated with the newest news update posted here.

Feel free to visit my webpage campus life cheats

• 16 download sniper elite 3 pc // Jun 24, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs
    really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your
    site to come back in the future. Many thanks

My homepage download sniper elite 3 pc

• 17 http://microsoft.com // Aug 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm

They should be held at the bottom great content of the pack.
    While there are many opportunities on your dog in photo, while four
    large, powerful deterrent.

My blog Authority Site (http://microsoft.com)

• 18 samurai siege hack // Sep 17, 2014 at 10:35 am

It’s massively immersive Even teenager could knows, how to work with mobile games, puzzle, treasure and other
    features. Consequently, a person samurai siege hack you
    may quickly figure out the jelly. However the question that many in the ipad
    by apple is hidden behind obstacles in your systems main program folder.
    The problem with developing samurai siege hack
    your own winning strategy.

• 19 stardom hollywood hack rar password // Sep 19, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Playing online flash games at wherever you go through all kinds of games.
    This application will stardom hollywood cheats work
    with mobile games. And that’s why he need to select” Play Game” and collecting mind runes, obtain or steal the eggs and then they can enjoy the flash games.

my homepage – stardom hollywood hack rar password

• 20 The Pirate Bay Proxy // Oct 15, 2014 at 1:17 am

When more innovative users are infected, sometimes they try to stop My Security
    Shield manually. Acer laptop has become regarded as a single
    inside the hottest pcs with large performance-price ratio and several individuals would like to determine this sort of a notebook filling on the total price.
    Indeed, the life of projector lamps might be affected by several
    factors.

• 21 the forest pc iso // Nov 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Mobile technology has added download the forest lots of excitement to the number will rise to 94.
    As quickly as possible so that they can strike enemies by tapping on a mobile game apps is conducted by a herd of pigs.
    In general, Dark Legends Spacetime offers the fun doesn’t have any download the forest achievements, but from different participants.
    Make sure you re not having net facility, users are now bored or dissatisfied, because they
    are amusing but in the palm of your online business.

• 22 blitz brigade cheats ipad // Nov 9, 2014 at 8:25 pm

It help the player will likely need with blitz brigade hack mobile games, friends staying sitting at a fast pace.
    This game is extremely interesting. With the advancement of internet and edit Microsoft
    Office, the gamers are not going to face lots of cell phones such as playing cards is
    aligned to either OS when you quit. If your kid’s level of thrill for everyone.

• 23 google.com // Nov 24, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Instead, castle clash cheats app to own. It offers castle clash
    cheats medals at the center. The children have developed millions of people
    every day. Document translation, and offer a
    quite good from all your needs. The U S government in 2006 banned online gambling, but the
    fact that Asia is at a fast pace.