Filming In Brooklyn

What’s filming in your neighborhood?

Filming In Brooklyn header image 2
24h-payday

Help Save Lipstick Jungle!

November 18th, 2008 · 29 Comments

I mentioned the other day that Lipstick Jungle had been canceled.  I had based this on reports from just about everywhere, all of them citing sources from inside the show.  Well, I have my own source inside the show who says that NBC has not told them yet whether they’re canceled or not, so reports of the show’s death may be premature.

I have to admit that I’ve never seen Lipstick Jungle, but I know a lot of people who love it, and I’m all for anything that films in Brooklyn.  When they’re not filming in their Brooklyn studio, LJ is usually on location somewhere in Brooklyn, often in Greenpoint.  There’s a brilliant grassroots movement underway to save the show: fans are sending tubes of lipstick to NBC/Universal President and CEO Jeff Zucker.  The address is 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Suite 2502-E, New York NY 10112.

Let’s all help to keep a Brooklyn-based production going, employing people and spending money in our great borough!

Originally posted on Filming In Brooklyn

Like this post? Please help me out by promoting it!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • Kirtsy
  • TwitThis

Tags: News

29 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tracy // Nov 19, 2008 at 8:57 am

I really hope the cancellation isn’t true. I love the show. I’ll be sending lipstick! Thanks Amy.

• 2 Tracy // Nov 19, 2008 at 9:44 am

Just posted the link to your site instead of just the info on hulu, tv guide’s msg boards for the show, the NY Observer article about the new news, & also the Times arts beat article on the same story. Hopefully traffic headed your way!

• 3 Kathy // Nov 19, 2008 at 3:27 pm

I will be sending my tube to NBC!! We have to save this show!!

• 4 Man // Nov 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Jefferson Street and Evergreen to Starr and Irving, for Rescue Me. The production trucks are parked on the entire block of Central between Troutman and Jefferson.

Now.

• 5 LOU LOVES LIPSTICK // Nov 19, 2008 at 4:57 pm

I JUST HEARD THAT LIPSTICK ISN’T BEING CANCELED YET. I WILL SEND THEM EVERY TUBE OF LIPSTICK THAT I OWN (BELIEVE ME THAT IS QUITE A LOAD)! KEEP THIS SHOW ON THE AIR..
    LOVE IT! NEVER MISS IT AND KEEP NY’ers WORKING.

• 6 Vivian N. Malin // Nov 19, 2008 at 7:16 pm

We woman need Lipstick Jungle…we buy the product both on and in the show…The show is well written, acted and casted…

Thank you NBC…and Happy Thanksgiving…

Keep Lipstick Jungle…

Sincerely,
    Viv

• 7 pam // Nov 20, 2008 at 2:08 pm

I love lipstick jungle!!! Keep it!!

• 8 Barbara // Nov 20, 2008 at 5:23 pm

I hope they don’t cancel Lipstick Jungle, it’s the greatest show. I love it!! Why do they move shows to Fridays then complain that the ratings aren’t good, they should’ve left it on Wednesday then!!! The cast is great and the stories too, please give it a chance…

• 9 Anji // Nov 21, 2008 at 11:27 am

I LOVE this show!

I’ve already sent TWO tubes of lipstick to NBC…

Crossing fingers that it works!

• 10 April // Nov 21, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Save Lipstick Jungle! It’s nice to see a show with strong female characters. I can’t believe they would cancel this great show and leave some of the stupid shows on the air for years.

• 11 Teej // Nov 21, 2008 at 6:30 pm

I absolutely ADORE Lipstick Jungle! Please please please, NBC, don’t cancel it. The three women characters are amazing!!! The storylines are fantastic and life-affirming. The writers are SO good. It’s the one thing I look forward to all week. Please support this show.

• 12 Sheri // Nov 22, 2008 at 1:13 am

Send an email to Exec Producer Jeff Zucker telling him to move the show from the Friday-night “death slot” to a better day/time!! The target market for this show ISN’T HOME on Friday nights & probably TiVO’s the show or watches it online, so a lot of people are not included in the Nielsen ratings!!

jeff.zucker@nbc.com

• 13 Tara // Nov 22, 2008 at 1:37 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NBC don’t cancel Lipstick Jungle. This is the best TV series on it TV and it needs to be given a chance and another night on TV. Why did it change from Wednesday to Friday. NBC Please reconsider!!!

• 14 michelle // Nov 24, 2008 at 10:31 am

A change to friday is a death sentence for most shows. This is my favorite new show! Please tell your friends to check it out!

• 15 Elsie // Nov 24, 2008 at 10:35 am

Please don’t cancel this show. I love this show and watch it faithfully if not on TV then on the internet.

• 16 Lilly // Nov 25, 2008 at 9:45 am

I heart lipstick jungle. btw, if lipstick jungle could be a lipstick color, what color would it be?

• 17 Amy // Nov 25, 2008 at 10:18 am

I’ve sent this link to NBC, so keep those comments coming! With all of the passionate interest in the show I’m going to check it out!

• 18 Vicky // Nov 25, 2008 at 2:21 pm

I am not sure I understand how the network can begin to evaluate any the the shows that returned from last season with the skewed ratings they received due to the writers strike. This is a great show, yes it’s a “chick” show, but it captured my interest and loyalty and I am not a female that seeks out women’s shows. This show has content, it has women who are empowered, successful and vunerable….. is has romance, fierce competitiveness and some of the most fantastic clothes I’ve seen, what more could you want? Please give it another chance.

• 19 Katie // Nov 25, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Don’t can the Jungle! Move it from the crap Friday slot back to Wednesdays for starters!

• 20 Carol // Nov 28, 2008 at 10:10 am

I love the show because it is an escape and uplifting. How many cop shows and murders can the viewing pubic endure. NBC needs a successful show and Lipstick Jungle is that show. Keep it.

• 21 Cathy Thompson // Dec 2, 2008 at 11:56 am

When you moved this show’s timeslot to Friday night I kne there was trouble brewing. I find LP so interesting and well written. Strong , successful women who are vulnerable and how they deal with their success and failures. Please don’t cancel this show.

• 22 Can // Dec 3, 2008 at 9:59 am

This is the only show I watch other than reality t.v.!! I look 4ward 2 it every wk! It wuz never given a fair chance…I mean come on…friday nights @ 10….who’s really home? If they changed days there would be much higher ratings! Please don’t cancel it!!!

• 23 LILLIAN WAITE // Dec 16, 2008 at 12:26 pm

MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE THIS SHOW. SO DO MANY OF MY CO-WORKERS. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS. ALSO WE WANT JOE TO COME BACK

• 24 mama T // Jan 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm

PLEASE NO! WE LOVE THIS SHOW. MY ENTIRE FAMILY WATCH IT LIVE AND THEN AGAIN ON DVR. IT IS THE BEST. ALL THERE IS ON TV NOW IS STUPID REALITY AND POLICE DRAMA. THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL LIPSTICK JUNGLE!

• 25 Gail // Jan 11, 2009 at 11:55 am

PLEASE KEEP LIPSTICK JUNGLE GOING. Finally there is a TV show that I look forward to seeing and I’ve even gotten my husband hooked (not an easy task!). What can we do to keep it on air? I will do my part…is the campaign still on for sending lipstick tube to NBC studio?

• 26 Amy // Jan 11, 2009 at 12:09 pm

If the show hasn’t been saved yet, then I’d say keep sending those lipstick tubes in!

• 27 Dovile // Jan 12, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Greetings from Lithuania!! you have to keep the show going! It’s the best! We need it!

• 28 Pattie // Jan 13, 2009 at 3:13 am

please do not cancel lipstick jungle. go to my site to sign the petition in hopes of saving this amazing show!

• 29 Empamethampub // Jan 30, 2009 at 3:46 am

filminginbrooklyn.com – now in my rss reader)))